September 2, 2010

Being a mom AND photographer

Bruce and I had the honor of photographing the wedding of some dear friends a couple of weeks ago.
The kids were invited to the wedding, but we opted to not bring them since we would be working. Well, what's the saying?... The best laid plans of mice and men go awry.
My sister got very ill with meningitis and ended up in the hospital so my mom was unavailable to keep the kids for the weekend. We managed to farm the boys out so they didn't have to miss school, since the wedding was on Friday and we had to travel to Southern CA for it. But we ended up having Molly with us. She was a trooper. We had lots of friends at the wedding, including Jason and Janira, whom Molly knows well and loves (thanks guys!), and she hung out with them while we worked. (She slept through most of the ceremony.)

She did however come with us to the park to take some of the formal pictures.
Most of the time she played happily with the doll house we brought to keep her entertained, but she did have to get in on some of the action...


Bruce took this one. She was holding onto my leg trying to look around me and watch.
It got a GREAT smile out of the bride.

Here is the image I was taking...


More wedding pictures tomorrow!

0 comments:

Do you want to contact me?

Why photography with an eternal purpose?

In 2008 I read a book by Francis Chan called Crazy Love. While reading that book, I was challenged in the way I gave back to God. Tithing couldn't be enough anymore, but our family lived to the end of our means - without any margin for God to use. So I prayed about how that could change. This venture is one of the ways I have responded to the answer to that prayer. A photography business where God gets the majority of the earnings to use for His purposes.
I'm not sure what that fully looks like yet, but I'm excited for the potential of what God is going to do.
FEATURED VENDOR
Hanford, California Photographers
Directory at Decidio.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP