March 17, 2010

Evidence

If you live in the Central Valley, then this is probably a familiar site to you...

flowering plum orchard

It's a beautiful gift every Spring that doesn't last very long.
Soon those trees won't even have a hint that they were covered with flowers.
They will be completely covered with green leaves.
But sometime from June - September (depending on the type of tree), they will be full of delicious fruit.
This beautiful gift is just evidence

plum blossoms

of the real gift that is coming.

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.
I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:19-23
 
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness and self-control

EVIDENCE

plum trees

of the real gift that is coming.
 
The one who sows to please the Spirit,
from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Galatians 6:8

See more posts like this at Through The Lens of Worship

3 comments:

Sarita Allen March 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

So pretty! Great reminder that in Christ, what is to come is far greater than anything we've yet to experience.

Diana March 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Beautiful pictures. I love the scriptures that you used - it's so true that those gorgeous flowers are the evidence of what is to come.

Crystal April 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

I LOVE that first image. Probably my second favorite of yours (the two trees is my first fav). Great job.

Do you want to contact me?

Why photography with an eternal purpose?

In 2008 I read a book by Francis Chan called Crazy Love. While reading that book, I was challenged in the way I gave back to God. Tithing couldn't be enough anymore, but our family lived to the end of our means - without any margin for God to use. So I prayed about how that could change. This venture is one of the ways I have responded to the answer to that prayer. A photography business where God gets the majority of the earnings to use for His purposes.
I'm not sure what that fully looks like yet, but I'm excited for the potential of what God is going to do.
FEATURED VENDOR
Hanford, California Photographers
Directory at Decidio.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP