February 17, 2010

Reflection on a Worship Wednesday

About a month ago, the girls and I got together to take some pictures and worship God.
It had been a foggy week around here so the dew was heavy.
(Walking across the fields meant getting wet pant legs.)

We went to a particular field to photograph the beautiful oak trees there, but what caught my eye (and how God spoke to my heart that day) was the dew.


As the dew reflected the sun, it sparkled like hundreds of diamonds, like stars shining in the universe.
And God spoke to my heart.


That's what its like when you reflect my glory



And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his 
likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 
2 Cor 3:18


Lord, I want to reflect your glory more!

Later that week, this was brought back to me again by an episode of 3-2-1 penguins.
(Gotta love those kid's shows!)
This was the verse that the episode was teaching:

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, 
children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, 
in which you shine like stars in the universe. 
Philippians 2: 14-15


Let's shine like stars in the universe!

Check out more posts from Through the Lens of Worship or add your own post here 

9 comments:

Sarita Allen February 17, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

I love the dew. It was absolutely gorgeous that day! I enjoyed the Scriptures as well =)

Karin February 17, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

I will remember that...really loved what God spoke to your heart.

Diana February 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

I'm happy to see some of your images from that day! They turned out great. I'm so glad I'm able to call you my friend; and I love that I am able to continually learn from you.

Kelly February 19, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

I can't remember who sings that song with "Let us shine like stars in the universe/holding out the truth in the darkest night/we'll be living for Your glory..." So you've inspired my vocal worship tonight! Beautiful macro shots. Such simple things offer such huge thoughts!

Crystal Keilers, that's me. February 19, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Love this.

Kimberlyn Totten February 24, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Rhonda- These pictures are beautiful. I just love how God can speak to our hearts in such creative and profound ways. I will never look at the morning dew the same way again. Thank you for sharing....Let's Shine On for His GLORY!

Jessica February 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Wow, what amazing images. You captured the dew so beautifully.

Jolene Grace February 27, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Oh Rhonda, your words and images are such a ministry to me. THANK YOU for being vulnerable and open to sharing with us.

Eileen March 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

Amen. Gorgeous photos too.

Do you want to contact me?

Why photography with an eternal purpose?

In 2008 I read a book by Francis Chan called Crazy Love. While reading that book, I was challenged in the way I gave back to God. Tithing couldn't be enough anymore, but our family lived to the end of our means - without any margin for God to use. So I prayed about how that could change. This venture is one of the ways I have responded to the answer to that prayer. A photography business where God gets the majority of the earnings to use for His purposes.
I'm not sure what that fully looks like yet, but I'm excited for the potential of what God is going to do.
FEATURED VENDOR
Hanford, California Photographers
Directory at Decidio.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP